Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) was originally developed by employers and unions in the early 1990s, primarily in the union concentrated states of California, New York and Illinois. Legislation created the legal alternative to the statutory system, granting employers and unions in the construction industry the authority to “carve out” the current statutory system and implement an alternative workers’ compensation system through collective bargaining.
In California, Labor Code 3201.5 effective July 1993, permitted the establishment of a program whereas, a union and an employer or group of employers in the construction industry could collectively bargain to create an alternative to statutory workers’ compensation using ADR. The use of ADR by Unions grew over time for one simple reason: IT WORKS.
The Laborer’s ADR Workers’ Compensation Program began in early 1995 with the signing of the Workers’ Compensation Agreement between…
- Southern California District Council of Laborers
- Associated General Contractors of California
- Building Industry Association of Southern California
- Southern California Contractors Association
- Engineering Contractors’ Association
If you have any questions regarding the operation of the Laborer’s ADR Group Workers’ Compensation Program, please contact the Program Administrator, Chris R. Reinhardt, CIC at 1-800-UNIONADR (800) 864-6623 or email.
. . . . . . . . . . .
- Collective Bargaining Agreement/Workers’ Compensation Agreement
- Southern California Laborer’s Workers’ Compensation Program Alternative Dispute Resolution Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- State of California Labor Code – Section 3201.5
- Construction Laborers of Southern California, Renewal of Letter of Eligibility, 2021-2024
- Construction Laborers of Southern California, Renewal of Letter of Eligibility, 2017-2020
- Construction Laborers of Southern California, Renewal of Letter of Eligibility, 2014-2017
- Construction Laborers of Southern California, Renewal of Letter of Eligibility, 2011-2014
- Laborers Health and Welfare Fund for Southern California – 2019-2020 WCIRB Approval Letter
- Zurich American Insurance – 2019-2020 WCIRB Group Workers’ Compensation Insurance Approval
- Zurich American Insurance – 2018-2019 WCIRB Group Workers’ Compensation Insurance Approval
CA License #OK 21323
Chris R. Reinhardt, CIC
P.O. Box U
Moreno Valley, CA 92556
Outside CA Call: (909) 234-7290
Fax: (909) 494-4164
Barbara Shogren Lies
Shogren Services, LLC
7177 Brockton Ave., Suite 101
Riverside, CA 92506
Fax: (951) 788-0320